Re: A story of Pure64

On Fri, 2004-06-18 at 00:14 +0200, Per-Arne Hellarvik wrote:

> I decided to google around for som more info. And what did I find:
> Debian Pure64. YES. My prayers really was heard...I used Debian a couple
> of years ago, but after beein forced into SuSE because of professional
> reasons (Oracle doesn't like Debian that much, and I'm an Oracle DBA),
> my daily use of Debian has been severely absent.

We use Oracle in half a dozen environments, all of which are built on
Debian Linux.

When we need support we just lie, and say: "Yes, we're using Red Hat".
We pick a version with library versions similar to the Debian we are
actually using.

This has worked well for us, although I'm pretty sure the people
providing support know perfectly well that we only use Debian.  They
don't see any point in calling us on it, because the problems we have
had have _never_ been Debian related.

:-)
					Andrew McMillan
--