Followup on my installation

OK, I've tried the installer again (there was a new image a couple of days ago)

these are the major differences with my first try

- the GRUB installer worked out of the box, no problem this time
- still no network after reboot. the file /etc/network/interfaces is not written by the sintaller before reboot, and the second phase can't find it's network connexion - still some keyboard problems, but I've looked a little more into the details...

the first keyboard choice has no alternate keyboard to the default (BIOS) one. After reboot, the installer gives a couple of choices, including "recommanded keyboard for your architecture" this option is empty, which is weird since all "pc" keyboars should be recommanded for our architecture... this might be an amd64 only bug here, and if this list is used by the udeb builder to build it's own list of keyboard, that would explain the problem at the first stage...

hope this helps