Re: Support now in dpkg

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 06:28:15PM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 11:39 +0200, Piotr Kopszak wrote:
> >[...]
> >
> Flamewars?  Frequently.
> > One  of the greatest advantages of  Open Source software, as I  see it,
> > is freedom it gives to the user and developer, and here we have a blatant
> > example of taking that freedom away, don't we?
> >
> Taking what freedom away?  Your rant has descended into stupidity.
> Scott
> --

It's fascinating to watch how emotional the process of software
creation can be. I wrote so because I was angry. And I was angry
because your decision potentially means a delay of weeks (months?)
before a working amd-64 debian is available. And the tone of your
e-mail didn't sound very much conciliatory, but maybe that's just a
legitimate pressure that one group wants to exert over
another. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the new version of dpkg you
announced is not definitive.

   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw