Re: "Trivial Question" - 32bit vs. 64bit vs. 32/64bit

Thanks for the info.

I need to investigate which drivers I will need (they're all going to change
with the new motherboard!) to see whether it makes sense for me to migrate to
a 64bit kernel.

It really sounds like Debian isn't quite ready/equipped for the whole
simultaneous multiarch situation (itself just the general case of the biarch
setup, I would think).  Perpaps I'll try SuSE, but I'm not really interested
in learning a new dist.  I like the way Debian's structured and I'm pretty
familiar with it.

Once again, thanks for your help.  Now to draft what I've learned into a FAQ
form...

Chris.