Making /pure64 image bootable

Hi Anders,

Thank you for your repeated and kind advice.  After
following your suggestions, somehow it went through
1st & 2nd stage, and well known kernel panic; thus I
edited /boot/grub/menu.lst as follows:

# kopt=root=/dev/hde28 ro
# groot=(hd1,27)
title   Debian GNU/Linux, kernel 2.6.5-dop_64-0
root    (hd1,27)
kernel  /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5-dop_64-0 root=/dev/hde28
ro acpi=off ide=0xb080,0xb002
savedefault
boot

Now it boot-up beautifully from hde28.  Thanks to you
really.  I must get up early tomorrow.  I will
experiment all of your procedure using other
partitions again this weekend.  And, of course, let
you know any additional steps to boot-up properly.

Your suggested alternative method cannot be applied to
hde because mini.iso kernel refuses to recognize hde.

I appreciate your assistance and patience.

Toshikazu Aiyama, Ph.D.