Re: Get rid of the lib64 dir?

On 04-May-08 14:59, Stephen Frost wrote:
> Option 1 is what we've got now, Option 2 doesn't really have any benefit
> to it that I can see, so I don't see any good reason to move to that.
> Option 3 wouldn't be for pure64 and for multiarch there's a better
> solution already.

OK, so let's go on with Option 1 (/lib64 as a symlink to /lib) in
'pure64'. Which package should create that symlink in your opinion?
I think it is now in 'base-files'. It will be important that this
symlink always exists because without it almost every binary program
will stop working since the program interpreter will not be found.

Andreas Jochens