Re: Creating a usable pure64 environment

On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 08:54:38PM +1200, Andrew McMillan wrote:

> I'm trying to get enough set up so I can build further Debian packages
> of things, but I need:

> linux-kernel-headers

> to get libc6-dev and various others installed.  I figured that this
> might not be architecture independent,

It is architecture-dependent (the /usr/include/asm/ part).

> so I pulled apart an i386 version, decremented the version number
> and changed it to be Architecture: all, and rebuilt it.

What I did is cross-compile it, if I remember well.

> pure64-dewey:/usr/src/debs/perl-5.8.3/t# ./perl base/num.t
> 1..50
> ok 1
> ok 2
> ok 3
> not ok 4 # 2.52961610670718e-321
> ok 5
> not ok 6 # 2.52961610670718e-321
> ok 7
> not ok 8 # 2.52961610670718e-321
> ok 9

Yes, my problem exactly. (See my earlier post)

> I mean, 10^-321 is pretty darned close to zero...

Except that if you look at test 4, it is supposed to output -1, not
zero.

> Should I just hack the script to make it pass,

That's what I did, I just built with the tests disabled. (There's an
option you can put in DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS for that)

Kurt Roeckx says he as successfully built perl in a pure64
environment. See
http://lists.debian.org/debian-amd64/2004/debian-amd64-200404/msg00132.html .

--
Lionel