Re: Handeling of lib64 directories in packages.

* John Goerzen

| What exactly will be done with /lib and /lib64?

I'm hoping to see them go away, eventually.

| I was given to understand previously that AMD64 standards mandated
| those locations, and moreover the 64-bit ld-linux.so was supposed to
| be in /lib64.  Am I mistaken, or has something changed?

The only big problem is ld-linux.so, which can be solved by a symlinks
for backwards compatibility.  It sucks a lot to do it this way, but I
don't see any other good way when the current solution is fairly
busted.  If you have a good suggestion how to handle it, I'm open to
that.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-