Re: Moving along Pure64

While Debain 'sid' is running my Pentium 4 workstations, my new Opteron box runs gentoo-amd64, since I wanted a purely 64-bit Linux for that machine.

Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> - We probably also have to disable multilib else it's trying to
>   build 32 bit too, but I'm not really sure.

I built several co-existing versions of GCC, including 3.3 and, 3.4, and 3.5(tree-ssa), and all work spledidly. But I was forced to disable generation of 32-bit and 32-code generation with the --disable-multilib option for config. Without that option, GCC wouldn't compile as I don't have 32-bit libraries installed.

--
Scott Robert Ladd