Re: who DOES have dri working? (on k8w?)

On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 11:45:13PM -0500, Tom Vier wrote:
> i'm curious if ANYONE has 3d accel working, especially on radeons.
>
> please post your mobo, video card, and xfree version. also, what 32/64bit
> kernel/user combination you have.

I have an Asus K8V Deluxe mobo and an ATI Radeon 9600 video card, DRI
works fine with xfree 4.2.1-16 (the sid one).
First of all you should have CONFIG_DRM=y (*not* select
CONFIG_DRM_RADEON) and CONFIG_AGP_AMD64=y (*not* select CONFIG_AGP_VIA
or CONFIG_AGP_ATI, otherwise it won't work!).
Then have a look at
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.stanchina/debian/fglrx-installer.html,
you need those packages to have DRI working .. oh, if you're running a
2.6 kernel like me you should use this patch, too:
http://gentoo.kems.net/gentoo-x86-portage/media-video/ati-drivers/files/fglrx-2.6-vmalloc-vmaddr.patch
Without it you will have that "QM_MODULES: Function not implemented"
problem. I'm using a 32bit kernel and 32bit drivers, of course.

Cheers,
--
Davide Puricelli, dpuricelli@tin.it
Debian Developer: evo@debian.org | http://www.debian.org

Time looked like snow dropping silently into a black room -- Ray Bradbury