Re: Swap memory (Off topic for AMD64)

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:30, Adriano Freitas wrote:
>   Consider I can buy 4GB of RAM for a workstation, do
> you still think we should use swap space for the
> system? I believe now we can leave without it.
> Supposed I'm forgetting something, how big should it
> be? What do you think?

I have 2GB of RAM, run samba, apache, postfix, X, evolution, mozilla,
gnome-terminal, etc. and this is what free says:

arrakeen: ~$ free -m
Mem:          2023        520       1502          0        112        128
-/+ buffers/cache:        279       1743
Swap:          133          0        133

So, unless you're really bogged down in system resources, you might not
need it at all...

-s