Re: [multiarch] Proposal for *-dev packages

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 07:09:46PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> That means you can just as well install a chroot.
>
> The big goal is to have an amd64 system behave exactly like i386 if
> the 32 bit environment is set.
>
> linux32 $SHELL ---> Your on i386 for all compiling and packaging
>                     intents and purposes.
>
> That would be perfect.

Folks should consider that with the 2.6 kernel, there are a few
additional tools we can bring to bear on the problem; specifically, we
can use "mount --bind" to allow part of the filesystem to be overmount
another part of the filesystem, and namespaces, so that different
programs get to see a different set of mounts.

This may allow for some additional creative solutions that people may
not have considered up until now....

						- Ted