Re: biarch gcc not built with 64-bit mode?

On Mon, 2003-11-10 at 15:49, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> To clear everything for me who is even more confused:
>  where did you get packages to install from? alioth repository? bart's
> site? original chainkit?
>
> I've got them installed somehow over unstable debian though some
> packages had to be removed but big deal is left :-)

Well, that's the trick isn't it?  The packages from alioth just don't
work (for me).  gcc-3.3 from alioth can't compile 64-bit binaries and in
any case lib64gcc1 cannot be installed because of its libc6 dependency,
which is unavailable.  I installed the toolchain from packages taken off
Bart's site and Arnd's site, which allowed me to build the kernel, then
I immediately reverted to the unstable i386 versions.

I'm getting lots of segfaults in bash and "bad address" libc problems,
as mentioned in the bug report thread.

-jwb