RE: amd64 and dpkg and so

I see.... that sounds doable but I don't think that's the most
productive solution... but it's definitely something to consider.
Although it would be easier to just have an AMD64 Debian that already
contains all the necessary 32-bit libraries, that would save us the
first installation of 32-bit Debian.
I think I'm missing out on something here, I can't really see what the
problem is to be honest ;)

We both agree that whatever the 64-bit Debian does, it has to be able to
run 32-bit software. We both agree, that there's no use in a 64-bit only
distribution (I guess).

Martin