ldd problem

I have setup a 64 bit build environment running on a dual Opteron using Barts

libc6                    2.3.2-1.biarch2
gcc-3.3                  3.3.1-0pre0

+ sarge binutils

ii  binutils
ii  binutils-dev
ii  binutils-multiarch

+ custom made 64bit kernel with ia32 emulation enabled

When I compile something with dynamic linking, I have the problem that ldd
doesn't show the shared libs, but rather it believes it is a  statically linked
binary (see below). These prevents me from building debs, since dh_shlibdeps
exits with an error.

Any idea what's going on?

----------------- example ---------------------------
$ file serv_p4
serv_p4: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), stripped

$ ldd serv_p4
        not a dynamic executable

$ which ldd

$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/ldd
libc6: /usr/bin/ldd

$ env COLUMNS=120 dpkg -l | grep 'libc6    '
ii  libc6                    2.3.2-1.biarch2          GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone data