RE: Renaming this list into debian-amd64

Or rather, just be consistent with other list names.  I can't find any x86-specific Debian mailing list so it's hard to make the comparison there.  Just be aware that x86_64 will be around for a while at the kernel, compiler, and source code level.

-----Original Message-----
From: Miller, Marc
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:02 AM
To: joey@infodrom.org; martin@jungowski.de
Cc: debian-x86-64@lists.debian.org
Subject: RE: Renaming this list into debian-amd64

gcc will recognize amd64 as an alias to x86_64, but as far as the kernel and compilers are concerned, x86_64 will still be the architecture name.  Again, if gcc recognizes x86 as a platform name, it should be called debian-amd64.  If it instead recognizes i686 as the platform name, it should be debian-x86_64.