Re: biarchitecture version of g77

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Bart Trojanowski wrote:

> * Sanzo Miyazawa <miyazawa@smlab.sci.gunma-u.ac.jp> [030813 15:11]:
> >
> > Is it difficult to prepare the biarchitecture package of g77?
> >
> > I need the biarchitecture version of g77 which is compatible with
> > gcc-3.3 1:3.3-2.biarch1.
>
> I've built this a while back...
>
> http://zeniiia.linux.org.uk/pub/apt/debian-amd64/full-mirror/packages/gcc-3.3/3.3.1-0pre0/
>
> I am not a fortran coder, so I would be very interested in finding out
> if it works :)

As far as I can tell:

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/3.3.1/libfrtbegin.a when searching for -lfrtbegin
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lfrtbegin
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

It seems like some essential library is only built in a 32-bit version?
I'm not a fortran coder though, I just try to compile some fortran code.
:)

/Mattias Wadenstein