progress info

I noticed that http://www.arndb.de/debian/packages/ has a shedload of
packages.  Looks like someone has been busy.  Have you been modifying
dpkg?  I am suddenly in a pickle and I need to build a 64-bit mysql
right away.  I hacked it into submission but only by ignoring
dpkg-architecture output.  Building mysql requires 64-bit perl,
libstdc++, zlib, and openssl.  Each of these build scripts calls
dpkg-architecture to find its arch.

What is the best way to modify this build system to get the arch you
want?  Add a switch dpkg-architecture --64, that will emit amd64 instead
of i386?

Cheers,
Jeffrey