Re: 5.17.0 boot issue on Miata

On Tue, Apr 05, 2022 at 08:22:48PM +0200, Helge Deller wrote:
> You don't need to enable it, but for alpha it's probably beneficial to enable it.
> When enabled, you will see a big speed improvement when logging in to a graphics text
> console and printing info.  E.g. try "time dmesg" with and without that option...
> The "dmesg" will scroll the screen, and that's what it accelerates (only if the driver
> has such hardware bitblt-support).

v5.17-rc2 ok.  v5.17-rc3 I get the disk sector errors and hang that I
reported in the first message in this thread.

(Unrelated, I *did* enable the framebuffer option, and that part of the
boot worked just fine.)

I'm going to try a native build of '-rc3' just to rule out any
cross-compiler strangeness.  Should have something to report in another
34 hours or so :-(.

--Bob