Re: systemd woes continue

On 7/17/19 3:45 PM, Witold Baryluk wrote:
>> The gist is: A lot of projects don't test their code on systems with separate
>> /usr partitions anymore, so things get silently broken.
>
> I don't have separate /usr, just single / (ext4) partition, and just separate
> /boot (ext2), and still systemd fails to mount this /boot file system,

What is the error message you are getting? The difference between systemd and sysvinit
in this case is that often sysvinit silently ignores problems and just moves on which
is why you never notice when a mount fails, for example.

> similar to Michael issue. So, I dont think it is really related to separate /usr vs non separate /usr.

That's not what I meant, really. But the point is: If you are using a separate
/usr on Linux these days, you are voiding your warranty which is why Debian
is even moving towards unifying /usr and /bin, /sbin etc.

> PS. On my amd64 system with systemd, I do have separate /usr, and it does work.
Again, there is nothing Alpha-specific in systemd that would cause such breakage.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz