Re: systemd woes continue

This brings up a question I need to ask of the people who know best on this mailing list:

I have a DS10L 617mhz and I can't figure out which version is the best to attempt to install on it.  I'd rather avoid things like this issue with systemd where they obviously haven't tried to actually test it on an alpha processor, but I have no problem with recompiling things as necessary (although I would like to avoid the Gentoo path of recompiling everything).

The other question I have is whether or not someone has fixed the issue with fdisk on the system, because I remember the last time I tried to install linux on the system in question, it wouldn't format the drive with a BSD partition as was necessary and after some discussion on some mailing list or another it was discovered that the required functionality had been phased out of fdisk a few years before, and nobody had noticed on either side that it made it impossible to follow the given directions on the FAQ/wiki.  It was still being automatically included with the distro and at the time I had to burn an ancient stable version just to put the partition table right in order to install.