Re: systemd woes continue

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 09:54:40PM -0500, Bob Tracy wrote:
> First, "systemd" still cannot handle systems with persistent filesystems
> other than "/" and "/usr".  As far as I know, the bug report I filed
> against "systemd" is still open, and no progress has been made on that
> front.

The bug I see on my XP1000 with systemd is that it fails to mount
the filesystems in /etc/fstab and so stops in emergency mode; one
can enter the root password, issue "mount -a" and "swapon -a" and
exit and the boot resumes fines.  I never had this problem with
sysvinit and have no idea why systemd does not cope.  I will
probably reinstall sysvinit.  Every time I have tried systemd on
my Alpha I have ended up deinstalling it and reverting back to
sysvinit and it looks like this time will be no exception.

Cheers,
Michael.