Re: Updated installation images for Debian Ports 2019-04-20

On May 6, 2019, at 11:17 PM, Frank Scheiner <frank.scheiner@web.de> wrote:

I just tried the 2019-04-20 ISO on my DS25. Unfortunately the disc drive
cannot be detected by the installer so I'm stuck at this point.

As far as I know, a lot of Alpha-specific hardware needs firmware but I haven’t looked into creating images with firmware yet.

UPDATE: On second thought, [2] and [3] seem to be unrelated to what is
available in the initramfs of the installer. From what I saw, the
drivers from the sata-modules UDEB are actually included in the
initramfs, but the needed drivers from the pata-modules UDEB are not.

Where is this configured? [4] includes the sata-modules UDEB as
optional, but no pata-modules UDEB. So is this maybe configured in [4]?
If yes, I can provide a patch on salsa.d.o to fix that issue, just need
a confirmation.

Here: https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/tree/master/debian/installer/modules/alpha-generic

Try to understand the include logic first before sending a PR. A lot of modules are actually included using the “common” directory.

Adrian