Re: [alpha] Debian 9.0 NETINST fails

On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 01:41:17PM -0600, Bob Tracy wrote:
> Trying the 20181120 minimal installation CD fails due to the firmware
> for the Qlogic ISP1020 (1040.bin) SCSI adapter not being present, either
> as built-in to the kernel or as a standalone file.  No firmware means no
> hard disks detected means "full stop" -- can't get there from here.

Yeah, that's a problem.  I think the Qlogic firmware is in the
firmware-linux-nonfree package.  You will need to get that separately
from the main repo.  Do you have a floppy drive?  The installer gives
the option to scan extra disks for firmware; not sure if it would
scan a floppy disk but it should scan a CD for firmware so you might
be able to write another disk with the firmware. (One would normally
put the firmware on a USB stick but I an guessing that is not an
option for you.)

Cheers,
Michael.