Re: RFC: compile with BWX thus only support EV56 and later CPUs

Dear Michael

It always sad to give up some machines, but if it saves the life of
others for some time longer, it should be ok. Nobody really objected for
almost a year to your proposal. I guess all of the persons behind the 12
alphas counted in the popcon are on this list and at least one would
have raised the voice if a machines of those was concerned.

You mention it eases your work and accelerates the machines supporting
BWX CPU flag, so I think it is a good idea to drop support for older
CPUs and enjoy support for the remaining alpha systems for some time longer.

Thank you for your valuable effort you put in since so long time already.

Regards, Adrian.