firefox-8.0.1

The subject release appeared less than a day ago, so it seemed like a
good time to try out gcc/g++-4.6.  Will try a non-optimized build
without the "nsThreadUtils*" patches to see how that goes.  When I last
tried such a build (version 4.0.1), I got segfaults until I put the
"nsThreadUtils*" patches back in :-(.  Still don't understand *why*
those patches (which are essentially a downgrade to older code) should
have any effect: by inspection, the new code appears to be equivalent.
Obviously, the compiler thinks otherwise :-(, which is why I'm trying
the current build with the new compiler and without those patches.

--Bob