Re: [BUG] libgcc1 1:4.5.3-8

On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 09:55:45AM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> It's good to see you giving this all a go!  We need more people who
> are prepared to get their hands dirty and start trying out the
> unstable alpha distribution and make reports on how it is going.

Something about fools rushing in where angels fear to tread :-).
The *really* scary part of this is having to use source from the
"experimental" tree to meet build dependencies, because the available
unstable binary packages aren't recent enough for most of the Gnome-3
stuff I'm playing with.

> I hadn't seen the -lm issue.  Have you seen it since upgrading your
> toolchain?

Still using the old toolchain, so I'd assume autoconf/automake/etc.
would properly need upgrading after getting the rest of the toolchain
updated.  I've seen the "-lm" issue in two Gnome-3 packages thus far
(unresolved symbols corresponding to math library references).  Can't
remember specifically which packages: I was pretty sure I was fighting
toolchain issues, and simply forged ahead with improper workarounds just
to get the packages built.  One of the nicer things I've discovered is
that my home-built packages of a particular version get upgraded
seamlessly by apt-get when the same or newer version becomes available.
Also, some of the queued upgrades (approx. 145 as I type this)
occasionally get knocked-loose by the installation of a home-built
upgrade that just happens to meet an installation dependency.

If I run into the math library problem after getting the toolchain
updated, I'll certainly report it.  Methinks it's past time to chance
the toolchain upgrade :-).

--Bob