Re: Update of /ports/alpha/ section of www.debian.org

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Francesca Ciceri <madamezou@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just updated the /alpha/ pages on www.debian.org which were quite
> outdated. As I've noted that there's some activity here in the ML (so,
> alpha isn't really dead!) it could be IMO a good idea to add some info
> about the current status of the port: the only thing I have written is
> that the port is no longer officially supported in Debian.

also update:

http://www.debian.org/ports/

says now:
"Alpha (alpha)
First officially released with Debian 2.1. One of the longer standing
ports, and quite stable."

add:

Last "official" release was Lenny. Squeeze was missed. According to
http://ftp-master.debian.org/archive-criteria.html ("Rules for
existing architectures:If an architecture fails to be included in 2
successive official releases, it is moved out of the official archive
(and away from the ftp-master.debian.org host)." Thus, the alpha port
will be dropped after wheezy is released in 2012, unless they ignore
their own rules and drop it early, which has actually happened.
Development of alpha has been moved to the semi-"official"
http://debian-ports.org and is currently quite active.