RE: Recent experience with IDE/SATA PCI cards on alpha?

Same here, SiI 3112 cards work phantastic. I got a 64 bit one three years
ago for about 15 EUR and even that one worked in my AlphaStation 500 64bit
PCI slot! The machine boots from this card indirectly (I replaced the disk
drive by an old SCSI ZIP drive from my toolbox and the /boot filesystem and
aboot is on a 100 MB ZIP with kernel and special partition scheme). Booting
directly from SATA cards of course does not work.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de