Re: current status of alpha in squeeze

On 24/03/11 20:17, Robert Garron wrote:
I just found out that alpha was dropped from squeeze >
[snip]
; and it seems that a few other alpha enthusiasts are willing also

I'm prepared to pitch in and help. I am not a Debian Developer, but I have over the last two or three years stepped up to provide Alpha architecture support to the kernel (which is in better shape now than when Squeeze was frozen) and helped to get the Xserver running again on BWX capable Alphas.

I would be keen to see another Debian Alpha release so count me in. I see also that Witold Baryluk in another very recent message has also offered substantial support.

Is it too late to organize a group and to have them work together to put
alpha back on to the release list?

Maybe not, but it may need quick action. The FTP maintainers have just reported that the Alpha port is to now to be completely removed from Debian.

Have Arthur or Craig provided any feedback?

Cheers
Michael.