Re: current state of sid (unstable)

On Sun, Aug 08, 2010 at 10:28:58PM +1200, Michael Cree wrote:
> And another to add to the list discovered while trying to send emails to
> the Debian bug tracker (how ironic):
>
> 9) Icedove regularly crashes while composing emails.
>
> On a positive note I see that OpenOffice.org is now in the Alpha port!
> Nice.  I've only tried swriter out on a couple of occasions and I am
> very pleased to report that it did successfully open and display the MS
> Word docx attachments that I had received.

That's good news after several days of "no joy" with firefox builds.
Both 3.5.11 and 3.6.8 segfault in libxul.so on startup, whether built
with gcc/g++ 4.4.5 or 4.2.4.  In one sense, that's probably good: it
means I'm fighting either a library or a binutils issue, because I was
getting good builds with 4.2.4 a few months ago.  I might try rebuilding
the last known good (on my machine) version, which is 3.5.3, just to
rule out anything related to source tree changes.  Schedule is busy over
the next few days, but I'll try to squeeze the build in somewhere before
the weekend gets here.

--Bob