RE: Upgrading Sarge to Etch - failing to boot new kernel

As far as I know, some time after 2.6.8, the kernel file format changed a little bit that needed a newer aboot loader, too (see changelog of aboot). Since this time milo is no longer working:

+  * Add support for booting >= 2.6.23 kernels, needed for etchnhalf. This
+    was corrected in 1.0~pre20040408-1 with the following change, originally
+    from Steve Langasek:
+    - Update bootlx to ignore ELF header sections not of type PT_LOAD when
+      above don't cause load failures.  Thanks to Richard Henderson for the
+      patch.
+
+ -- dann frazier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  Wed, 14 May 2008 02:38:35 -0600

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen