Re: Iceweasel fully working again with xulrunner-1.9.0.4-1 upgrade

On Sun, Dec 07, 2008 at 02:39:53PM +1300, Michael Cree wrote:
> Gianluca Bonetti wrote:
> >Someone reported that iceweasel wasn't working any more on Alpha.
>  [...]
> >Today I noticed that a new relase of xulrunner is available in unstable
> >so I downloaded and installed on etch by hand.
> >It works like a charm, again.
>
> It's now come through to testing.  After upgrading I found that Iceweasel
> gets up and going and I can browse a number of web pages, so it does appear
> that the bug that I and others reported on Alpha is fixed.
>
> But problems remain. When I browse to certain web pages iceweasel crashes.
Same results here.  One of my "problem" web pages is associated with an
on-line banking site (Java and flash used somewhat gratuitously):
iceweasel dies on an illegal instruction fault.  The firefox-3.x
versions I've built from the mozilla.org source trees work fine, modulo
the build difficulties due to previously reported compiler optimization
and ld "relax" issues.

Bob Tracy          |  "I was a beta tester for dirt.  They never did
rct@frus.com       |   get all the bugs out." - Steve McGrew on /.