Re: Need help with ES40 installation, please

Hmm, I think I had an Elsa Gloria once. IIRC it has a fancy 3D chip, and a more mundane chip for 2D acceleration. The 3D chip wasn't supported by XF86, but the 2D one was, which is probably how it was working in CentOS. I think it was either a Trident or Cirrus Logic chip. lspci should tell you which, since the card shows up as two devices.

Worst case, you could try copying the xorg.conf from CentOS...

Ivan