RE: eSATA cards & Alphas?

I think as long as the controller card is supported by libata it will work.
I have an alphastation 500 with a PCI SATA card for $15 (Silicon Image)
running since 2 years in this configuration.
As the difference between eSATA/SATA is only the connector I think the PCI
cards are internally the same and supported.
But you cannot boot from SATA, because SRM does not support SATA cards.

-----
UWE SCHINDLER
Webserver/Middleware Development
PANGAEA - Publishing Network for Geoscientific and Environmental Data
Tel.: +49 421 218 65595
Fax:  +49 421 218 65505
http://www.pangaea.de/