Re: [BUGS] Test suite fails on alpha architecture

On 3 Nov 2007, at 10:32 pm, Martin Pitt wrote:

Hi,

Tom Lane [2007-11-03 14:27 -0400]:
Martin Pitt <martin@piware.de> writes:
The testsuite of 8.3 beta 2 fails on the Alpha architecture (versions
up to 8.2 worked fine).

We redid some of the float error handling for 8.3, in hopes of getting closer to the IEEE standard behavior for NaNs and infinities and so on. I guess that isn't working on your Alpha. I have a vague recollection
that Alphas use non-IEEE floats so maybe this is not too surprising.

Can you grant one of us access to the machine to work on it?

I don't own any alpha machine, but maybe Frank, Steven, or anyone from
the Debian alpha porter list can create a temporary account for you?

Or poke into it yourself?

There is no developer accessible alpha porter box for Debian
unfortunately. :(

There's one at Sanger. Sadly, it's been waiting for almost a year for the DSA's to actually set it up so people can use it.

Tim

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.