Re: Does the Linux kernel for alpha support CONFIG_PREEMPT?

Darn - it was suggested that a performance issue I'm having with a Sil 3124 based pci-x esata card and a port multiplier might be helped with pre-emption enabled - just not for Alpha :)

I know that the DS20 often has PCI issues - anyone know of what may cause issues with a 64bit PCI-X card on the machine?

Any recommended placements for such thing?

I have 3 64 bit cards in the machine, a VIA gig ethernet, a combo scsi/ethernet card and the 3124-2 based eSata card ....

Thanks,

...tom