Re: [BUG] 2.6.23-rc3 won't boot on alpha (fwd)

On 16 Aug 2007, at 12:39 pm, Thomas Evans wrote:

i don't need any of the 2.6.23 functionality - I was just really trying the 2.6.23 kernel to
make sure nothing major was broken with it.

The only other thing I know of which is "broken" with it is both autofs and amd automounters; this is because of the new nosharedcache option in NFS mounts, which currently the userland mount.nfs and automounters do not know about. Nothing to do with Alphas per se, but a problem some might want to be aware of.

Tim

--
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is operated by Genome Research Limited, a charity registered in England with number 1021457 and a company registered in England with number 2742969, whose registered office is 215 Euston Road, London, NW1 2BE.