Re: libc zombie problem

Bob Lindell wrote:
> Does anyone know if the alpha libc zombie process problem was fixed in the libc that just was pushed out with Debian 4.0r1?  If not, is it only available in experimental at this point.

Dunno...  Seems to be fixed in libc6.1 version 2.6-2, but I'm pretty
sure that was from "testing" or "experimental" when I grabbed it.  I
think 2.3.6-anything is suspect unless the changelog explicitly
mentions the fix being there.

Bottom line is you don't have to roll your own anymore: there's a fixed
version *somewhere* in the Debian pool.  For whatever it's worth, the
version in "testing" is pretty trustworthy...  You may have to upgrade
"tzdata", and if you're installing the development package, you'll
probably need to upgrade "binutils" as well.

Bob Tracy               | "Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get
rct@frus.com            |  sucked into jet engines."       --Anon