Please test glibc 2.6 with gcc-4.2 on alpha
Hi alpha porters!
Since the last upload, the Debian glibc packages is using gcc-4.2 on all
architectures except alpha (and hurd-i386, but that's now fixed).
Due to the unavailability of a developer accessible alpha machine, we
have not been able to test the glibc with gcc-4.2 on this architecture.
Therefore it would be nice if one of you could do the test. Here is the
- Install gcc-4.2 and g++-4.2 (should be version 4.2.1-1).
- Get the sources of glibc 2.6-3 from unstable
- Remove the following lines from debian/sysdeps/alpha.mk
# Build with gcc-4.2 is not yet tested
CC = gcc-4.1
CXX = g++-4.1
BUILD_CC = gcc-4.1
- Build the package in the normal way
- Send us libc6.1_2.6-3_alpha.deb or log-test-alpha-linux-gnu-libc
from the build tree
.''`. Aurelien Jarno | GPG: 1024D/F1BCDB73
: :' : Debian developer | Electrical Engineer
`. `' firstname.lastname@example.org | email@example.com
`- people.debian.org/~aurel32 | www.aurel32.net