Re: monotone: FTBFS on alpha, configure fails mysteriously

On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 11:26:20AM -0700, Zack Weinberg wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:
> >The most recent upload of glibc to unstable has introduced a libc-dev
> >dependency which is in conflict with the sbuild configuration on multiple
> >buildds.  As a result, libstdc++-dev has gone missing from these chroots,
> >and the buildd admin will need to make some changes to restore
> >build-essential in these environments.

> Thanks for the info.  Does this affect alpha only, or other
> architectures as well?

It affects multiple architectures, it seems that only alpha was affected for
monotone due to timing.

> Is there any way I can be notified when the buildds are fixed?

Not really.

> I'm going to have to do another upload to correct #432657, and if I can
> resolve this one as well by waiting 24 hours or so I would rather do that
> than bug people for rebuilds later.

Please just go ahead with uploading, and trust that the buildds will take
care of themselves (there are a *lot* of packages that will need to be given
back once this is fixed, one more won't matter either way).