Re: Etch glibc ...

Tom Evans wrote:
> I'm really just shooting for the "out of box" experience with Etch on
> Alphs to be "stable".
>
>  I know (and use) the newer versions of glibc - I would just rather that
> people *choose*
> to use a newer version instead of being required to get something from
> testing or unstable.
> (and some organizations might have a "stable"-only policy).

Agreed on all points.  I don't know how quickly it can happen, but a
libc-6.1 update for stable on Alpha needs to be released ASAP.  Is there
anything an end-user like me can do to help that process along?  If
nothing else, I'll happily vouch for the basic usability of any of the
unstable/experimental libc-6.1 releases mentioned in this discussion.

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com