Re: Debian Etch ....

Uwe Schindler wrote:
> There is a newer version of glibc in "unstable" now! With locales!
>
> I try it now. The experimental version works great (you can use the locales
> version from experimental even if it is newer).

I'll look for the newer glibc version and give it a try: it wasn't
showing up on the packages.debian.org website as of yesterday.

The current experimental locales package would *not* install with the
libc6.1 2.3.999.2-11 package because of dependency problems :-(.

dpkg-buildpackage is cranking away on the 2.3.999.2-11 sources as I
type this :-).  I had forgotten some of the "howto" kinds of things
as far as using the Debian package build tools: I don't use them
often enough...

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com