OpenWRT

   I don't know if any of you have had the opportunity to look at the
openwrt system (http://www.openwrt.org) that runs on linksys and other
wifi routers, but having bought one of those recently and consequently
installed first dd-wrt and then openwrt on it, I'm quite impressed. And
it that, in fact, seeing what they were doing with the 2.4 kernel and
how fast and small it was running on the little linksys box, that
inspired me to reinstall sarge and a 2.4 kernel on my multia. And, in
fact, is making me rethink the etch/2.6 installs on some of my older
intel boxes.
   Anyway, if any one had the requisite skills and time on their hands,
porting openwrt to alpha would be a wonderful project and probably the
very best use that could be found for all those multias sitting around
in people's closets. They have it ported to intels already, and a couple
of the developers on their forum seemed to think it was do-able, but
they had no alphas to try it on.

--
Harmon Seaver