Re: floor() broken on EV4?

On Sun February 11 2007 05:30, Falk Hueffner wrote:
> The EV4 FPU cannot round to minus infinity, as glibc's floor wants to
> do, so the kernel emulates this. So it's almost certainly a kernel
> bug. Can you show the output of this program:

As mentioned before on this list, the kernel support for denormalized numbers
(and infinity) on the EV56 died sometime after 2.4.27.  Here's a link to the
latest thread in which this came up again (back in October):

http://lists.debian.org/debian-alpha/2006/10/msg00064.html

It is interesting to note that the denormalized/infinite behaviour is to also
to always return zero.  I wonder if it is the same thing that is effecting
the EV4.  Could all kernel math fixups be MIA due to the same thing?

Later!  -T

--
 Tyson Whitehead  (-twhitehe at uwo.ca -- MC-)
 Computer Engineer                          Dept. of Applied Mathematics,