Re: Xorg 7 fixed on alpha

rct wrote:
> Michael Cree wrote:
> > BTW, Bob, did you ever get the ES1887/8 sound going?   It's fixed in
> > ALSA 1.0.13.  Iirc, kernel 2.6.18 has ALSA version 1.0.12 so if you
> > haven't installed kernel 2.6.19.x yourself, then try installing ALSA
> > 1.0.13 in place of kernel supplied ALSA, and you should find the snd-
> > es18xx module fixed.
>
> I'm a slug...  Got sound working with the OSS sb driver and figured I'd
> care about ALSA when OSS finally went bye-bye.  Thanks for the heads-up.
> I'll give the snd-es18xx driver a shot sometime this weekend and report
> back.

Ok...  Took a bit longer than I thought it would, but I'm happy to
report that ALSA is finally working correctly on my PWS 433au with
the 2.6.20-rc6 kernel.  Looks like I can finally bid the OSS sb driver
a fond but long overdue farewell.

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com