Re: unstable buildds for alpha stuck?

Hi Tim,

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 02:29:22PM +0000, Tim Cutts wrote:

> On 17 Jan 2007, at 11:12 am, Steve Langasek wrote:

> >On Tue, Jan 16, 2007 at 12:30:18PM -0700, Peter Karbaliotis wrote:
> >>I don't see any recent builds.

> >>http://buildd.debian.org/stats/graph2-week-big.png

> >The buildd is currently being relocated.  I'm told it should be
> >back in the
> >next couple of days.

> I am finally getting close to Sanger supplying the long-promised
> extra buildd server.  It will be a quad-CPU 1.25 GHz ES45 with 8 GB
> RAM.  Should help nicely.  It was decommissioned from its old role
> yesterday, and just needs moving to a DMZ rack and Debian installing
> on it...

That sounds like a dream box for a buildd.  Seeing how we're dead in the
water right now as far as alpha package builds are concerned, do you have a
sense of how quickly it might be possible to get this one on-line, so we can
judge whether we should try to dedicate resources to this in the near term?

Thanks,