Re: Xorg 7 fixed on alpha

Steve Langasek wrote:
> I'm happy to report that after quite a bit of hunting, bug #392500 is fixed
> in xorg-server 2:1.1.1-14 in incoming.  That means we finally have an X
> server newer than Xorg 6.9 which works on alpha.  One RC bug down... :)

I'm taking advantage of the above as an excuse to upgrade other related
packages with later versions in "testing".  Ran into an odd problem with
the "xorg_7.1.0-9_all.deb" package: it won't configure due to a
dependency on "sparc-utils | not+sparc".  Clearly, the latter choice is
correct on Alpha, but how is this dependency satisfied?

Thanks!

Bob Tracy                   WTO + WIPO = DMCA? http://www.anti-dmca.org
rct@frus.com