Re: D-I: two failed recent installations - please check

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 05:09:25PM +0100, Frans Pop wrote:
> On Tuesday 02 January 2007 13:21, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > (Why is the installation manual being frozen before d-i RC2 is even
> > finalized?)

> The release of the manual is no longer coupled to release of D-I itself
> and because translators need sufficient time to update their
> translations.
> I also wanted to have a releasable version of the manual ready well before
> the release

Well, *I* wanted d-i RC2 to be released a month ago too, but that didn't
happen. :)   But doing it this way means that there's no opportunity to
update the installation manual to make sure it matches what actually gets
released as d-i RC2.

I think having a releasable manual in time for d-i RC2 is a fine idea, but
the timeline given suggests that there's no room for updates after RC2 is
finalized.