-----Mensagem original-----
De: Joni Bäcklund [mailto:joni@connect.fi]
Enviada em: quinta-feira, 29 de junho de 2006 17:15
Para: debian-alpha@lists.debian.org
Assunto: Xorg on testing. Still not working. Tested on G200 matrox. No Go !

Yes. Still the Xorg on the testing is totally unusable on my UP1100 alpha.
I today tested it with matrox G200 AGP adapter and the system ended up
unusable.

This time I could connect the alpha via ssh connection and found out that
Xorg process was eating 100% of CPU. Killing the Xorg process did recover
the machine. Display was not usable at all after X been running.. ( singals
to display was lost on Xorg startup )  not even consoles worked.

This must be a problem with Xorg 7.0 and alpha platform ! I have not been
able to use ANY controller with UP1100 and debian testing.. Yes I know that
it is testing.. But this kind of problem shall be solved on unstable !!

It just seems to be that noone today uses those great alpha boxes anymore !
I do not want to go for AMD64 !! I like my alpha too much !

Joni

--
Joni Bäcklund, Tel +358400665775, FAX +35898042007
     Email: joni@connect.fi, oh2njr@sral.fi